Friday, April 19, 2013

Spring Break 2013!

 Spring break 2013.....has a much different connotation than it did 10 years, but I must admit, I prefer the present spring break! Since daddy was covering the hospital all week, we had a spring break at home and had a blast! We started swimming lessons with Mary and James, played water games outside, went to the zoo, and stayed up a little later than usual! All in all, it was a great week! We made our first trip back to the zoo this week. Jackson has been asking me when his buddy from school, Charlie, could come over a play. I thought a playdate to the zoo would be perfect, so we picked Charlie up early that morning and headed out! The weather was perfect and the boys played so well together. They ran around and looked at all sorts of animals.
 Here they are watching the Kimodo dragon. I have never seen it so active! It was walking all over the place! Beckett was mesmerized!!
 Silly boys!
 They couldn't wait to get on the train! Everytime they heard the whistle blow, they would get so excited!!
 As well as the carousel! They had to ride together, which was hilarious!!
 We ended the zoo experience at the playground. Beckett loved playing with the drums.
 Then it was water fun on the playpad! We bought some new water guns, bubble, sidewalk chalk, butterfly net, and a magnet fishing pole. We spent most of our afternoons outside enjoying the warm weather!! I think by far the biggest hit was the hose though!!
 Beckett would try to drink from it like his brother and get it all over himself!
Posing with his new water gun and spray bottle!
 Ahhhh! Much better!!!
 These two are quite the pair! Jackson loves making Beckett laugh and Beckett is my little observer. He watches everything his brother does and tries to imitate him. It is really very sweet! I often times have to remind Jackson that little eyes are watching him and to try to set a good example :)
Swimming lessons! We started swimming lessons with Mary and James and I have to admit I was a little nervous! Jackson has done lessons at the hospital and country club, but they were very relaxed. I really want Jackson to be able to swim this summer, so we decided to do some more intense lessons with Coach Rob. Luckily, Jackson did great and listened to what coach Rob told him. The second lesson we had a little bit of crying. Jackson had stayed over at Mary's house for a sleepover, which they ask for every time we are together, and I don't think they got enough sleep :) The swimming lessons are pretty vigorous, he was just too tired. He has now done 4 lessons, and he is really improving and no more tears!
 My funny 4 year old! He says the funniest things sometimes and I wonder where they come from! The other day we were up in the playroom and Jackson came over to me. He put his hand on my cheek and said, "Mommy, could you be a dear and go downstairs and get my toys?" It was hilarious! How could I possibly say no to that!? Then, this past Sunday, I told Jackson that we had to get ready for Church. He said he was too sick to go. I said, "Don't you want to learn about Jesus and God?" He said, "Is Aidan going to be there?" I said, "Probably." He said, "Well, then he can tell me about it." :)
 My funny 16 month old! Beckett loves to make people laugh! He will do something and watch for your response. If you laugh, he will get a big smile on his face and repeat it to get another laugh. Too cute! Beckett also continues to be a champion eater and I am always amazed at what he will eat. He is definitely a Nesmith and ate an entire bowl of Granddaddy's ceasar salad!
And my funny husband....Greg was out of town this weekend playing a tennis tournament in Jacksonville with his good friend Ben. I sent him the above picture with caption "Can't get the salad in fast enough!" He replied with this picture and caption "Can't get the fries in fast enough!" I think I need to take these boys on the road! My boys may have inherited my husband's sense of humor, but luckily they seem to have my eating habits!!

No comments: