Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hello Spring!!!

 Spring has finally made its way to Marietta and we couldn't be happier!! There are so many things I love about spring....the flowers are blooming, the weather is warm but not too hot, popsicles, planting the garden, picnics...I could go on and on! We have definitely taken advantage of this beautiful weather and have spent most of our time outside playing! This first picture is of our picnic lunch on the play pad!
 I forgot to add this picture to my Easter photos, so I thought I would add it now. The Easter bunny always brings a chocolate bunny!!
Another love of spring...the farmer's market!! This year, Jackson wanted to ride his bike all the way there and he did like a champ! There are quite a few hills and I couldn't believe he was able to pump his legs hard enough to get up them, but he did! We experimented with taking the training wheels off, but we really don't have a flat area to practice, so it was a bust. He never fell though!
 The crew heading to the market!
 The fountain is back on!
 Before we got our popsicles at the market, Jackson wanted to play on the train in the square. Beckett was just watching him!
 Beckett's first King of Pops popsicle. I think he liked it!
 Spring also means it's time to plant our garden! Jackson loves planting the garden and can't wait until the tomatoes grow! We planted tomatoes, yellow pepper, green beans, strawberries, cucumbers, carrots and some herbs. I hope the garden is as fruitful this year as it was last year!
 Beckett is my little observer and he sure has learned a lot by watching his brother! First I pick up the ball and place it on the tee....
 Then I pick up the bat....
 And I swing! He loves doing this and will keep repeating the process!
 Jackson is such a good big brother and loves teaching Beckett new things. Here he is teaching him how to ride the motorcycle. Hold on Beckett!
 Popsicle time!
 My messy little boy! Here he is after he ate his dessert cakepop after a picnic lunch. It was so warm that the sun melted the chocolate everywhere! Luckily we were outside and a hose was easily accessible :)
 Riding the jeep in the meadows! Peyton is such a sweet girl and LOVES Beckett! She loved giving him rides around the meadow and would keep her arm around him so that he was safe. It was really sweet!
Spring has also meant a change in our routine. Because the boys are outside all day, they get very dirty!! Now we take baths before dinner to get rid of the grime! We just finished a fabulous spring break at home so there will be lots of pictures next week! Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather!!

No comments: