Friday, July 6, 2012

Kiawah June 2012

 We just got back from the most wonderful trip to Kiawah to visit Noni and Granddaddy and spend some fun times at the beach! Before I get into the trip, I have to give a little update on my sweet Beckett. I can't believe that Beckett is 6 months old! I swear I do not know where the time has gone! As far as developmentally, we are right on track! He is talking so much, sitting up for periods of time by himself, and rolling all over the place. He is still such a happy little boy and just goes with the flow! We are still working on the eating part and he is now eating his oatmeal and some fruits. He loves his little feeder and eats bananas, watermelon, grapes, and pineapple with it. We had our 6 month check up and he is great on length, but we still need to work on his weight. We keep shoveling the food in him, so hopefully our next visit, we will have made some progress!! As far as our roadtrip to Kiawah, it could not have been better! We had the best time boogie boarding, swimming, playing in the sand, and enjoying time with Noni and Granddaddy!!
 Noni had an exersaucer that Beckett went in for the first time. He absolutely loved it and was thoroughly entertained! It is so funny to look at this picture and then look back at the picture of Jackson in it for the first time. They are about the same age and it is amazing how much they look alike!!
 Heading to the beach! Jackson absolutely loved riding his bike to the beach! He did great and would ride it all by himself the entire way! He is growing up so fast!!
I have a picture of Jackson on the boardwalk to the beach from each visit to Kiawah. It is amazing how big he is getting! He is really starting to look more like a little boy and less like my little toddler!!
Jackson has been playing with this crane since his first trip to the beach and still loves it everytime!
Let's try some boogie boarding!
 I was thoroughly impressed with Jackson's skills! He would ride the waves like a pro! I also got a glimpse of my little guy's competetive side. Everyone knows how competetive Greg and I are, so it was so funny to see that it looks like Jackson has inherted that trait. He would race me boogie boarding and while he was riding the wave, he would look over to see if he was ahead of me. He had such a look of determination on his face and would kick so hard to beat me. It was hilarious! He would beat me everytime!
 Here comes a big wave!
 Riding it all the way into the shore!
 Jackson did so great! He even had a couple of wipe outs but would just pop back up and want to do it again. Mommy was a little nervous, but he did great!
Running with his crane!
 Beach day #2! This time Jackson wanted to carry his boogie board by himself.
Beckett's first trip to the beach! Of course, he just went with the flow and hung out.
 Beach bum!
We always enjoy going to Freshfields on Friday nights to see the concert. Jackson is not much of a dancer, but he loves to throw the balloon balls and of course, get an ice cream treat!
 My two boys!
 Granddaddy and the boys!
 Jackson posing with the frogs!
 My little beach boy!!
 Heading back to the beach again for round 3!
 I cannot wait to take him to the beach again! He had the best time!!


Our trips always end with a visit to GiGi. This was the first time she met Beckett. He took right to her!

Thank you Noni and Granddaddy for the best beach vacation! We can't wait to come back in August!
We love you Noni and Granddaddy! See you in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I can't believe how fast these boys are growing up! I can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!