Friday, February 17, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day and Beckett 2 months!!

Happy Valentine's Day! We had a very busy Valentine's Day this year. It started with making Valentine's for all of Jackson's friends at school and ended with making heart shaped sprinkle cookies for Daddy. Jackson loves to help me in the kitchen and putting the spinkles on is his favorite part....besides licking the icing spoon. We were lucky enough to spend this Valentine's Day with some of our favorite people....Glo, Joe, and Noni. I decided to make a special Valentine's dinner for Daddy and made him his favorite...lamb. I had never made it before, so I was a little nervous, but it turned out deliciuos! As far as Beckett news, he had his 2 month check up, which meant he had his 2 month vaccinations. It was not easy to see him cry in such pain and I couldn't help but shed a tear with him. Amazingly, we are no longer on the preemie chart and Beckett has grown big enough to register on the regular newborn chart!! He is quite the big boy weighing 9 pounds 3 ounces and 21 1/2 inches. For his gestational age, that puts him in the 90th percentile in length and 75th percentile in weight. Looking at him now, it is hard to believe I was ever worried about him gaining weight!! He is awake more during the day and is still as sweet as can be. We have had a few nights of him waking only once around 3 am to feed but most nights it is still twice. I have to keep telling myself that he is really only a 3 week old and my full nights sleep will be here before I know it! We are also very excited to learn that my sister is scheduled to have her first little girl on 2/21. Coraline Elizabeth is breech so my sister is going to have a scheduled cesarean that day. We are so excited and can't wait to see what she looks like!!! I know she will be beautiful and Sarah will be an amazing mommy. We are going to travel there the end of March to help her out for a week. I can't wait!!


This is Jackson holding up 2 fingers for Beckett's 2 month birthday.












2 out of my 3 Valentine's all decked out in red :)









For Valentine's Day, Jackson got this cute Monster toss game. He loves throwing the bean bags in the monster's mouthes.










My sweet little man all bright eyed and bushy tailed!















We were so blessed to have spent the last 3 weeks with Glo. She is such an amazing woman and we loved every minute with her! Jackson and Beckett are so lucky to have such a loving Great Aunt.






One of Beckett's favorite spots :)
















Every boy needs a little faux fur hat don't you think?







2 comments:

Aunt Glo said...

Love my Atlanta boys!! Cna't think of any therapy that could be any better than those two little guys! Thank you for letting me have such a special time with them! Congrats to Sarah and Mike! and to you for being a new Aunt

Aunt Sarah said...

What a great post. So happy to hear that Beckett is a super healthy little man! He's such a champ. Love the Valentine's pic of the two boys. They're so handsome!!!!