Wednesday, February 10, 2016

100 Days of School!

 100 days of school!! How is that possible? This is year is just flying by!! I am so proud of all Jackson has accomplished in this short half a year. He is doing so great and has moved up 5 reading levels since the beginning of the year! For the second half of the year, we have basketball, soccer, baseball, chess, and choir. We decided to put the piano on hold and will start private lessons at our house this summer. Jackson really wanted to join the choir, so we went for singing for the second half!
 Jackson has such great friends in his class this year! He is particularly close with Thomas.  I love how they had to have their names together!
 I have taken on a new adventure with co-hosting a radio show on health. It has been going great! We usually record Friday at 10 AM which gives me enough time to come eat lunch with my favorite first grader. Bonus is that Friday is ice cream day!
 We have had a yo-yo of temperatures here from spring like to arctic chill! This was on a spring like day so the boys decided to hit a couple balls.
 4!
 On one of those arctic days, this one found the warmest seat in the house! Reminds me of my childhood. As soon as my sisters and I heard the furnace kick  in we would yell, "The warmy stuff is on!" and race to the vents. :)
Jackson had a special playdate with Nathaniel to the zoo.
 They had a behind the scenes experience and were able to feed the rhino! Jealous Sarah?
 This crazy kid can fall asleep just about anywhere!
 It's almost Valentine's Day, so the boys picked out their cards. Jackson went with Jurassic World for the boys and Frozen for the girls. This was too funny! He was very particular on which card he gave each boy. When it came to the girl's cards, he said, "The only card I care about is Mary's card. The rest can just get any card." With the frozen cards came a bracelet. I asked Jackson which bracelet he wanted to give Mary, and he said, "The one with all the diamonds." He is going to make some woman very happy!!
 Another funny story with this one. I was making dinner to serve at the homeless shelter when Jackson walked in from basketball practice. He said, "Mommy, what are you doing?" I said, " I am making dinner for some homeless people." He said, "What do homeless people like to eat?" I said, "The same things you like to eat." He said, " Ahh, mommy you are really nice." I said, "Thanks buddy." He said, "But they do not like the same things as I do because I do not like mushrooms!"
 For Mardi Gras, the first graders decorate a wagon and parade around the lower school handing out beads and candy. They broke up into groups and chose a theme. Jackson's group chose Jurassic World. He wanted to dress up as Ruby.
 Ruby taking a bite out of his brother!
 The kids decorated the wagon all by themselves with no help from the teachers. It was really impressive!
 Here they are parading around the school.
 Pretty good! They came up with the theme and constructed it all by themselves!
This silly kid! I brought up the swing for baby Colston and this one has decided to use it for his tv viewing chair. Beckett had a big week as well! he had his interview at Walker and killed it! He tested a grade higher in most things! I am so proud of him and he is so excited to be going to Walker next year!!

We are also so excited because we leave tomorrow for our Disney Cruise. We  booked this cruise 10 months ago and the boys don't remember we are going, so we are attempting to surprise them! I can't wait!!

No comments: