Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Time to Catch Up!



We have had such a busy month and I have been so bad with posting! I am going to try to catch up this month with just a few highlights and then try to be better about posting!! Jackson is currently playing basketball at Upward and doing great! Daddy is his coach and Jackson has learned so much!! His last game he scored 6 points!! I am super impressed with his dribbling ability. This is really his first experience with basketball and to see him be able to shoot, dribble, and rebound is really impressive. We have really enjoyed this season at Upward and will definitely do it again!!
Our new favorite thing in our house is bath time in Jackson's jet tub! We decided to rotate rooms. Jackson has moved to the big guest room, Beckett has moved to Jackson's dino room, and the guest room has moved to Beckett's old room. Jackson finally got the bunk beds he has been begging for and he sleeps on top and Beckett sleeps on the bottom. :)





That is a serious bubble bath!
I thought this was cute. Jackson wanted to take a picture of Beckett one morning. Why can't he pose like that for me?
Sweet picture of the boys praying before the basketball game :)

Check out that defensive stance!
Since Jackson switched rooms, it needed a makeover! I painted his cabinets, bathroom, and had some help painting his room! It is amazing the difference a little paint can make! We updated his lighting in his bathroom and our decorator is coming today with his new bedding and accessories! We are going with a sports theme and can't wait to see the finished product!

All that painting is exhausting!


We had Jackson's Kindergarten Art show. I am always so impressed with this show. It takes a lot of work to get ready to display all the kids art projects. I was able to volunteer one Friday and couldn't believe all the work that had to be done! I am also always impressed with what Jackson's art teacher can get him to do. This year's theme was Jack Richeson's color wheel. Here is his blue police officer.
This is Arnolfini portrait. They had to look at the painting and then recreate it. So impressive!! This represented green.
Representing reds was his dog portrait.
Orange was his paper mache carrots.
 Gray was his elephant painting.
This seemed a little odd choice.....child with measles for mauve.  I guess if anything, it is current with today's epidemic!
He sculpted this blue footed bobo
His depiction of the White House
This was entitled "Optical Illusion". They wrote the name of the colors with a different color.
Here he is with his origami crocus
So impressed with my little artist! Here is Jackson and Beckett enjoying the post show snack. After I volunteered to help with the art show, I was lucky enough to be the secret reader for Jackson's class. Jackson has been asking me all year when I will be the secret reader and he was so excited to see me walk in!!
This month was also very sad for us. On February 4th, we had to put our sweet puppy Emma to sleep. She had an osteosaroma of her front paw and it got to the point that she really couldn't move anymore. I contacted a company called Lap of Love, and she was euthenized at home with her head on my lab in her favorite spot. I struggle with whether or not to let Jackson know, because I knew he would be upset. I decided I needed to tell him so he could say goodbye. It was heartbreaking. He cried and hugged her. He didn't understand why she was dying when she was only 7. It was really tough. I had him go home with his friend Jack to try to keep his mind off of it. When Christine picked him up, he told her that Emma might go to be with Jesus today. He said that her foot was going to be all better before he got up there so he could run around with Jesus. It was so sweet and sad at the same time. When he got home and realized she was gone, he was crushed. He asked me if we could still buy her a Valentine's Day present. My sweet, sweet boy!! Since we found out that Emma was going to die, Jackson has been bringing home books about different dogs. First, he thought he wanted a bulldog, Once he found out you have to clean out their folds, he decided that was not the right dog for him. They he thought he wanted a Golden Retriever. Once he read that you have to brush their hair everyday, he decided that was not the right dog. Finally, he brought home a book about a Labrador Retriever. It was perfect! Little gooming and his number 1 requirement....it will play fetch. He wanted a yellow for himself named "Fireball" and chocolate for Beckett named "Lavaball". After further research, I think we have decided to go for 2 Goldendoodles to try to minimize shedding. We shall see!
This is how Beckett entertains himself during Jackson's basketball games :)
We also finally made it to Build a Bear! Both boys got gift cards from Paola for their birthdays, so one cold day we headed over. We had never been before, so I really didn't know what to expect. It was actually really cute and the kids had a great time! Beckett picked out Toothless.
After you pick out your bear or other animal, you get to help stuff it. Then you kiss and make a wish on a little heart that goes inside. You also get to pick out music or a sound to go inside. Beckett picked out "Let It Go". Jackson picked a Bull dog and the Star Wars theme.
Jackson and  his Bull Dog.
After they are stuffed with stuffing, it is time to give them a bath!
Beckett worked really hard to clean his feet!
Next step was making their birth certificates. Jackson named his dog Pup Pup and Beckett named Toothless....wait for it.....Toothless :)
Thanks Paola!
Sweet brothers :) Whew! I think I hit the highlights over the last month. There were tons of other pictures of birthday parties etc that I didn't include. I'll try to fit them in during other posts. We are super excited for Winter Break! We head to Puerto Rico on Valentine's Day and can't wait! 84 degree weather and white beaches here we come!!

No comments: