Friday, August 22, 2014

Kindergarten and 2s!!

I can't believe my sweet boy is a Kindergartner! Jackson was super excited to start a new year, but mommy wasn't quite ready. I took him to his meet and great to meet his new teacher, Mrs. Sutherland, and I just started crying. It's not so much that he is growing up but more that this is the start of the time when I can no longer shelter him from everything. When we went to meet his teacher, Jackons walked over to the cubbies and read all the names of the kids in his class. He started to cry when her realized some of his best buddies weren't in his class. I kept looking over at him and he was turning away and rubbing his eyes. He didn't want me or his new teacher to see him cry. It broke my heart :( When we left, I asked him if he was getting a litte teary eyed and he said, "No, mommy. My eyes were just watering." After the meet and greet, we talked about how he would still see his best buds at lunch and on the playground and he hasn't seemed upset since.

I had majory mommy guilt the first day of school, because I couldn't take him. Luckily, some of my friends were there to take some pics. He seemed very excited and was happy to see his buddy Jack!

Ready to go! So far he is doing great! He seems to enjoy it. I am still waiting for the fatigue that everyone talks about because so far, we have had none! Part of Walker tuition is meals, so everyday he can choose from either a cold lunch or hot lunch. Unfortunately, they cannot serve peanut butter. I could send him with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but he would have to be isolated at a separate table. I am certainly not going to have him isolated, so Jackson has had to branch out in his eating habits. He says he is eating a turkey sandwith every day, but I am not sure how much of it he is eating!!

With the start of school also comes sports! Jackson is playing flag football and Marietta High School and t-ball at Oregon Park. I was really worried that the two sports would be too much with the long days at Kindergarten, but so far he has done great!

This sweet boy also started the 2s class at FUMC. He was very excited and couldn't wait to put his bag on and go to school like Jackson does.

I got this Mommy! We had a couple of tears as I left, but when Paola picked him up, the teachers said he did great!

I am certainly enjoying a little one on one time with this monkey! I was putting on my makeup the other day, and didn't realize he had decided to try to copy me!

We were super excited to spend the weekend with Cortney, Scooter, and sweet Gracyn. It was so nice to spend some time with them. We swam, had brunch, and the kids played. I was a little under the weather, so we didn't get to do as much as I would like, but it was nice to just hang out with them!

That's a lot of blonde!

Our garden did great this year, except for the squirrels eating all the tomatoes! We finally were able to try our first watermelon! It was delicious!

Yummy!

Boys! This one loves to get dirty!! We are in full potty training mode with this one. He is doing great! He has been much easier than his brother. He is also talking up a storm! He is speaking in full sentences now. We did have to go back to the surgeon to have the tumor on his leg evaluated. We decided to get an ultrasound to see how bit it is and reevaluate it im 3 months. If it has grown, the plan is to go ahead and take it out again. It is a completely benign tumor with no malignant potential, so we are leaning toward continued nonaggressive treatment. It doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Sweet Mary turned 6! I can't believe this beautiful, sweet girl is 6 already!! Time really is flying! Mary really loves American Girl, so the boys and I headed to Alpharetta to the store to pick out her gift. Having only boys, I had never been there before so I had no idea what to expect. It was chaos! There were dolls in glass cases everywere and Beckett was running around trying to grab all the dolls. We quickly made our choice and headed out!!

We decided on matching pjs for Mary and her doll and another little summer outfit. Happy birthday Mary! We love you so much and are so proud of the sweet girl you are!!













No comments: