Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer is winding down....

I really can't believe that we are about to enter the last week of summer. This summer has flown by! I am excited for Jackson to start Kindergarten, but at the same time, I am sad that we won't have our afternoons together any longer. I am sorry I haven't blogged in a while, but I still don't have a camera, so all my pics have been from my phone. They are fine but not as good as the camera! We have had a busy couple of weeks with birthday parties, visits from Memphis, a week long visit with Noni and Granddaddy, and lots of swimming. We are heading out today for our last trip of the summer to head to Chicago to see my sisters.It has been almost 2 years since we have been together, and I am so excited I just can't stand it! My sister Sarah has spent the last 18 months building a new home, which is why we haven't been able to connect.We can't wait to see it! This first pic is at Lanie's birthday party. Beckett loved hitting the pinata!
Jackson's turn! He really nailed that pinata and cracked it in half!

We have enjoyed some cooler mornings, so we were able to head to the park. Becket has turned into quite the daredevil!

Crazy brothers! Beckett is definately in the stage where he wants to try to do everything his brother does!







Beckett used to be super cautious but has recently started to let some of that caution go. He will try to climb anything as long as I am near.

Jackson, on the other hand, continues to climb and jump off everything! His most recent accomplishment is the monkey bars!

After some running and climbing, it was time to feed the ducks. Becket was not afraid of them this time!

Jackson showing Beckett how it is done.

As you can see from this pic, I took a pick of Jackson getting across the rocks and there is Beckett's attempt in mid flight!

Landed it!

Beckett's first rockwall!

Halfway there!

He did it!




We had a wonderful visit from our cousins in Memphis! Joey, Amy, Callie, Landon, Lane, Joseph and Will were able to stay with us for a couple of days before they headed to the beach. Jackson was in boy heavan! They played so well together and had the best time!

Jackson was so funny. When they first arrived, Jackson came up to me and said, "What is the name of the boy with all the things on his face?" Will has a lot of freckles on his face :) They were like 2 peas in a pod!

Relaxing in the hot tub!

Because of the amount of people in our house, Jackson was sleeping with us. Well, at 1:30 am, Beckett decided to join the party! It's amazing how much room 2 little people can take up!
We were also lucky enough to celebrate Amy's birthday with her!


Creative Noni! This past week was Paola's vacation, so Noni and Granddaddy came to stay with us to watch the boys while I went to work. Here is a ramp that Noni made for their cars. Needless to say, I was not missed! Thanks Noni and Granddady for taking such good care of the boys! They had so much fun and miss you so much already!

Every Friday we go to a different friends house to swim and have dinner. It has been so much fun! Here is Beckett with sweet Lanie. They are super cute together!! She takes such good care of him!

Some of the kids in the Friday night crew.We are definately going to miss all of the swimming! Such a great way to get these littles to burn some energy!!

We went to the outlet mall to pick out our new shoes for school. I think Beckett was more excited than Jackson was. I don't think he has every had a new pair!

This was so funny. I walked in oun Jackson playing piano school. He started by sitting on the couch and said, "Does anyone want to try?" He then raised his hand and said, "I do!" He then went to the piano and was following the instructions on the teaching book.I could see him lining up his fingers like picture showed.  Maybe he will be a pianist?

No comments: