Saturday, June 21, 2014

Happy Father's Day!!

Happy Father's day to the best husband and daddy anyone could ever ask for! These boys love their daddy more than anything else in the world! Jackson was super excited for Father's day to come around and thought of a great present for daddy all by himself. It was so cute and thoughtful that I vetoed what I wanted to get him and we went with Jackson's idea. Jackson said that daddy's tool box was all grey and rusty, so he needed a shiny new one. He also said that since Daddy broke his favorite coffee mug, we should get him so new ones. Let's be honest, most of the time kids are all about me and what can I have, so it was so sweet to me that Jackson had actually been thinking about what to get his daddy and came up with 2 great ideas!
Jackson really wanted to go to the country club to go off the diving board, so after church we headed to the club for swimming and lunch.

Jackson taking a plunge!

My once cautious Beckett has left the building!! Beckett has always been super cautious and wouldn't climb or jump off anything. Well, that Beckett has gone and I now have another monkey! We had our first scare with Beckett this week. I host a boot camp at my house for some girlfriends. It's really great and all the kids play while the mommies sweat! Well, after bootcamp, we started swim lessons for Jackson, Aidan, and Jack. Billy, Angie, and Christine were at the pool getting the older boys ready for their lesson, and I went inside to get my camera. As soon as I walked out, I saw that the gate to the pool was open and quickly surveyed the area for Beckett. As I looked in the deep end, guess who was on the diving board with no float! He jumped in and I screamed his name, threw my camera to the ground, and ran for the pool. Everyone heard my panic and Billy dove into the water after him. To my surprise, after 1 lesson, Beckett popped up and swam right to the stair. Billy wasn't sure he would have made it the entire way, but at least he went right into his swim position and didn't sink to the bottom. My heart was racing a mile a minute and I had to sit down. I have since gone through a thousand what if scenarios but thank God there was a little angel following my sweet boy that day! Needless to say, we have focused not only swimming with Beckett but also survival swim!!

Jackson and daddy with their new tools!

After swimming, the boys decided to give Daddy's car a wash

We then finished our daddy celebration with his favorite dessert...chocolate delight :) We love you daddy!!

This week Jackson had vacation bible school. Because of my work schedule, I was only able to volunteer one day but was so excited that I was able to be his counselor. Here he is singing praises to the Lord!

I just loved how the kids all watched the video and did the moves. It was really sweet to see. I was also super proud of Jackson because several other counselors came up to me and told me how well behaved he is :)

The 3 Muskateers. These boys were super excited to be in the same group with eachother!

Love their concentration!

Because I volunteered, Beckett was able to do a miniVBS. Here they are posing with their crosses they made

Our garden is doing great so far this year! We have had 3 huge cucumers, 2 meals of green beans, and a purple bell pepper. Jackson was so excited and couldn't wait to eat his cucumber!

Silly boys

Swim lessons with Billy! The boys are doing great and LOVE Billy!

So far this summer couldn't be any better! We have 2 big trips coming up with Kiawah for the 4th and Chicago to see my sisters the end of July. We can't wait!!

No comments: