Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Fox, Fiesta Friday, and Field Day!


Special night with mommy and daddy! Does he look a little excited? We took Jackson on a special night to see the Lion King at the Fox! We started our night with dinner and Figo where Jackson had his favorite meal, butter noodles. We then headed to the Fox for Jackson's first play. He was super excited. The play didn't start until 8:00pm and was a lot longer than I had anticipated. It was 2 1/2 hours, which meant we didn't get home until 11:30!! I didn't think Jackson was going to be able to stay awake but he did and loved it!! He sat the entire time and was mezmerized by the costumes and music. It really was a fantastic show. All was well until it came to the part when Simba's daddy dies. My poor sweet boy cried out "Noooo!" when it happened and started crying. It was just so real to him and I felt really bad for him. It really is sweet though to see him have such empathy for other people. He calmed down and at the end, when Simba and Scar are fighting, he was at the edge of his seat and growled. It was really sweet to see him get so into it!

I wanted to get a picture with the Fox sign and the Lion King sign at the same time. I asked Jackson to stand near the pole and smile and this is what I got :)

So excited! Since I am the one always taking the pictures, I have very few pics with my handsome boy. Such a fun night!

This past week Jackson had his school book fair, and it was Fiesta Friday! Before the book fair, Jackson was super excited and had all the books he wanted picked out. He had 12 books circled, but we were able to cut that number in half. He even picked out a special book for his brother :) Beckett got to go with me and fit right in!

After we bought our books, we headed into the library to make maracas!

Next it was chips and salsa and story time with Mrs. Reddick!

Such a sweet class! I can't believe this year is coming to an end!

Last Friday was field day! I remember field days growing up and they were always my favorite day of the year! I think Jackson is going to be just like mommy when it comes to this day!


First on the agenda, skateboard relay races!

Jackson and his sweet friend William.

Don't let the balloon touch the ground!

Jackson and Thomas. I have to thank James for these pictures because I missed the first half of field day. I am hosting a boot camp at our house on Fridays, so I was a little late. When I got there, Jackson said, "Mommy, next field day can you be on time?"

Sack races! Jackson was a champ at this! He flew past everyone and didn't fall once!

Look at that smile. He had so much fun!

Getting ready for girls vs boys! Jackson was so ready!!

I really can't believe we are almost done with our last year of PK. Jackson has had the best year and has made such sweet friends. I hope some of them will be in the same Kindergarten class!!

Field day ended with a huge obstacle course. Jackson again was running past people left and right. I think a little bit of his competitive side peeked out during field day! After all the activities, the kids had a picnic lunch of hotdogs. What a great day!

Beckett, of course, had to get right into the action. He really does think he is just one of the boys!

No comments: