Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Beckett!!

Happy 2nd Birthday to my sweet Beckett!!! It is hard to believe that 2 years have gone by since this little surprised us with his early arrival. Beckett really is such a sweet boy and brings more joy to our family than I can even describe. He is really starting to talk more and more each day and is now using some sentences.  I think his favorite phrase right now is "I do that" He is Mr. Independant wanting to do everything by himself. He is also my little helper and loves to load the dishwasher, sweep the floor, and is the first to clean up his toys. He also loves music and likes to "dance". We had his teacher conferences and they said he was doing great and gets very excited during music class :)

Tonight to celebrate his birthday, we had Brad, Kiera, Mary, James, and Ben over for pizza and cupcakes. Beckett LOVES pizza and gets very excited when it is pizza night! Here he is opening his present.

Blowing out his candles! I really didn't think he would know what to do with it but he tried to sing the birthday song with us and blew out the candle like he had been doing it for years!

2!!

Mary and Jackson enjoyed their cupcakes as well :)

So did James :)

Since we are leaving this week to celebrate the boys birthday in Disney, we had their star wars themed birthday party this past weekend. This is the first birthday party we have had at our house, and it was quite an undertaking! We had 48 children, which meant I had to make 48 padawan robes and 48 noodle light sabers. It was well worth my effort, because the kids had a blast! I was very nervous it was going to rain because it has rained every day for the last 10 days, but it didn't! It was cold but dry!! We had a bouncy house that was the Jedi Training Center, a petting zoo as the ewok village, hutt dogs, padawan popcorn, thermal detonators (fruit kabobs), chewbaca chips, yoda soda, force fuel (water), and vaderade. I don't think I went to bed before 1 am the week before the party!

My little jedi drinking some Yoda soda :)

Beckett absolutely loves animals so the petting zoo was perfect for him! He kept trying to pick everything up.

Sweet Payton helping Beckett out.

Lunch time!

The boys loved running around fighting eachother with their light sabers, and since they were made out of noodles, they couldn't hurt eachother !!

Cake time! Jackson had to actual blow out the candles twice because we were having some trouble lighting the candles. I ran into the house with Beckett looking for another lighter and Greg ended up getting them lit. He didn't realize I had left, so they had to repeat it when I got back. There were so many kids that Beckett didn't get close enough to blow out his candles, which is why I let him do it several times tonight.

After cake, it was time for the Jedis to test their moves on the Darth Vader pinata. I let each child take a swing with their saber.

Here comes Jedi Beckett!

After everyone had a turn, we let Jackson go at it with the bat. It was so funny to hear all the kids chanting his name. Once that pinata opened, it was chaos as the children went flying for the candy. Who knew a pinata was so exciting!

The loot! The boys got so many wonderful presents that we literally had to take 2 days to open them. We certainly are so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people!

It didn't take long for Beckett to get the idea. These two certainly are ready for Christmas now! We are so excited to be leaving Friday for the most magical place on earth. Jackson knows we are going to Disney, but he doesn't know that we leave in 2 days. I have our bags packed and hidden and I we are going to wake him up Friday morning and surprise him. I can't wait!!

No comments: