Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Kiawah August 2013

 Last weekend we headed to Kiawah for a wonderful, but short beach weekend. But, before we left, we had to celebrate our sweet Mary's 5th birthday! I cannot believe she is already 5 and a Kindergartner!!! I made Mary a big pink cake that was definitely not my best work, but she seemed to love it anyways :)
 I love this picture because James is behind Mary also blowing out the candles! Happy Birthday Mary! We love you so much!!
 Kiawah! I always take a picture of Jackson on the boardwalk to the beach and now I get to take one of both my little boys! Couldn't be sweeter!!
 My little surfer dude! This trip Jackson really got comfortable with the water. He boogie boarded like a champ. He would take the board out to the waves and catch them all by himself.
 Beckett also really loved getting in the water but he also loved to play in the sand.
 Love the happy expression on his face! We always have such an amazing time when we visit Noni and Granddaddy!!
 My little boogie boarder!!
 Beckett loved splashing and running through the water :)
 Monkey See, Monkey Do. Beckett had to catch his own wave!
 Since Jackson was doing so well with the boogie board, we decided to test his balancing skills with a surf board. We started with small waves on the boogie board and Jackson balanced like a champion!
 Sweet brothers! Love these two to pieces!!
 The forecast for the weekend was rain every day, but we were lucky in that it only rained 1 night. That didn't stop us from heading to Freshfields for a concert in the park!
 Surfs up! Greg would swim and catch the wave and Jackson would pop up like he was born to do it!
So impressed with my little surfer! The entire time all he was doing was screaming "Granddaddy!" He wanted to make sure his granddaddy was paying attention to him. We had the most amazing time with Noni and Granddaddy and were sad to have to leave. Thanks for making the weekend so special! Luckily, we get to do it again next weekend! We are squeezing one last beach trip in for Labor Day. Can't wait!!
Some quick updates: As far as Jackson and his new school, he LOVES it! He is thriving and I am so impressed with how much he is learning!! He is learning Spanish, how to use the computer, letter sounds, and writing. Funny story. We missed last Friday because we were at the beach, and apparently a letter went home that day letting us know that sound sac was starting. Apparently, each week they are learning the sound of 2 letters and the kids bring something in that starts with the letter to put in the sack. Well the first day was Tuesday. Tuesday before we left for school, Jackson said "Mommy, I need to bring something to put in the black bag" Since I didn't have the note, I had no idea what he was talking about. I thought maybe he was making something up. Sure enough, that afternoon I learned he was supposed to bring an item in or the sac. I couldn't believe he was actually paying attention and remembered that!!
As far as Beckett, he continues to talk more and more each day. His favorite word is definitely NO! I have a feeling somebody is going to be a little easier to potty train than his brother....as soon as he poops, he comes and gets me and says "Poo Poo" and lays on the floor. Jackson never did that! He loves his brother so much and tries to imitate everything he does. He is just as big of a climber as his brother is! The other day I got a text from Paola that Beckett picked up a stool, carried it to the front door, unlocked the door, and proceeded to try to go outside! Crazy!! He starts school this week and I hope it is an easy transition! He had his meet and greet and started saying "No" as soon as we got out of the car :( I know Jackson also wasn't a fan in the beginning but quickly warmed up and soon was running to get to school. Hoping the same for Beckett!!

No comments: