Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of Pre-K!

 New house and new school! Jackson has moved away from the church preschool and on to his private preschool, Walker! He was so excited to go to his "big" school and meet his new friends and teachers! Before the first day, Walker hosted a WOW day where you could go and meet your teachers and see your classroom etc. For part of it, we had to walk to the lower school to pick up a packet. On our way there you had to walk through the football/baseball field. Jackson's eyes got huge and asked if he could play football and baseball there! It was so strange to think that he very well may play there when he is in middle and high school! We have had to try to adjust our routine a bit because Jackson has to be up at 7 am for school this year. He normally doesn't get up until about 8 so we have started putting him to bed a little earlier at night to get him used to it. He is still a sleepy head in the AM, but the first day of school, he popped out of bed and said "School time!" He looked at Beckett and said, "Beckett, you are going to miss me today." So sweet! Then, on our way to school, he asked me if he would have to wear nametags. I said, maybe. And he asked why. I told him it was so he could learn all the names of his friends. He then said to me, "I can't read mommy." Excellent point Jackson!
Beckett sure does miss his buddy during the day! This is Jackson's first year going every day. He is still only half day, which I am glad, because I still get my afternoons with my big man!!
 I don't think he even looked back :(
 He found his name and hung his bag up like he had been doing it every day for the last year!
His sweet class. 6 girls and 6 boys. Looking forward to getting to know them this year!
 This is Jackson on WOW day when he got to pick up his bag. He was so excited for his bag and his uniform shirt. When he opened the shirt, which is just maroon with the yellow Walker symbol, he said "This is not a cutie shirt mommy" He was very disappointed!!
 Jackson and his sweet teacher Mrs. Reddick. We know Mrs. Reddick from church and were so thrilled when we found out she had him! It is going to be a fantastic year!!
 Mornings with this little boy sure are fun! Beckett is really trying to become more independent. He wants to do everything his big brother is doing...including sitting in a big boy chair.
 On Jackson's first day of school, Beckett and I headed to the cupcake shop to pick up a sweet surprise for him. Shhhhhh...Beckett got to enjoy a minicupcake before lunch ;)
 After the first day, we picked up Jackson's buddy Nathaniel for a post first day playdate! Here they are enjoying their cupcakes!
 We had plan on swimming but it seems here in Marietta all it does is rain, so we headed downstairs for a movie and popcorn. They loved it!
 My sweet Beckett! There are still days when I think he could easily take a morning nap. This was one of those days.... I walked into the laundry room to get something, and it got very quiet. I walked out to find Beckett snoozing mid lunch. As you can see, he still has the cheeseit in his hand. Unfortunately, I couldn't let him sleep because we had to pick up Jackson. This is Beckett's last week at home as he starts school next Tuesday! He is only going Tuesday and Thursday's. I hope he likes it!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

These boys are growing up much too fast!