Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunny and 65!!!

What a beautiful, sunny weekend in Atlanta! It was 65 and sunny, so we decided to take advantage of it!! Saturday we spent a wonderful day at the zoo. Jackson was so excited to see all the animals. I think his favorite was the lions. Sunday we went downtown and had brunch with Sonali and then spent the morning at Piedmont park. That is the first time we had been there since having Jackson and I had no idea that had a park for children. Jackson had so much fun running all over the park. I think he ran the equivalent of 5 miles!! It was so nice to be able to spend the days outside and makes me sad to know that the cold is going to return shortly. Hopefully we only have 1 more month until spring!! As far as firsts for Jackson, Jackson said "I love you too, mommy" for the first time! It melted my heart, and I think this was definately my favorite first. It was just so sweet it brought tears to my eyes. This first pic is Jackson with the flamingos. He liked them but they were a little stinky!!




Daddy and Jackson at the zoo!!







Family shot in front of the tiger exhibit.








Jackson on the giraffe. They sort of have the same expression on their faces.







Hugs for the lion!!








Zoo playground. Weee!!







Jackson doing what he loves best....running!!









I love to be outside!








Jackson's 2nd favorite thing...climbing! Future mountain climber?








Family shot at Piedmont park! It was so nice to take Jackson into the city.










Running down the hill!
Jackson and Sonali.







King of the hill!
Hi Mommy and Daddy!
Weeeeeee! Of course daddy had to do a little bit of work at the park, which is why he is on his cellphone :)

3 comments:

Aunt Glo said...

What a great OUTSIDE famiy day!! The zoo and the park sure look like fun, love Jackson climbing on the rock! Daddy does a great job of multi-tasking!! And I know Jackson telling you he loves you was a very special moment!! I love you too!!

Kiera said...

The picture of Jackson just running best describes him. On the run, happy as can be!!!

Aunt Sarah said...

How fun! What a great day at the park! Wish we were expecting 65 degrees. Instead we get 24 inches of snow. I think you better send Jackson to NWI quick...before the snow begins to fall! I think his smiles are bigger in the snow pictures than the sunny and 65 pictures. ;)