Friday, June 24, 2016

Summer Time Fun!

 I cannot believe that we are a month into summer! It is going by way too quickly!! We have had so much fun already!! Jackson finished up baseball with a championship! Way to go Crushers! He did awesome this year and loves playing the game so much!! He has also made some really great friends along the way. Our team name was the Crushers and they sure did live up to their name. They won the championship game 18-7!
 Number 1!!
 We had such a great team and are hoping to be able to keep these kids together next year.
 Proud parents!
 Beckett is always right in the middle of everything!
 Jackson getting a game ball. He had an awesome dive and backhand stop and then threw the guy out at first.
 Even though we beat them, these two are still buds! RJ was playing catcher and he high fived Jackson when he came up to bat. So cute!!
 Sweet friends.
 Look who made the paper!
 We have had a couple of camps already. This is Beckett at VBS. I was his counselor this year!!
 First sleepover! Jackson and Beckett slept over at the McDonalds'. This was Beckett's first sleepover and I thought for sure we were going to get a phone call in the middle of the night to pick him up, but we didn't! He slept the whole night!
 Brandy sent me these pics of my boys because her children are early risers. They get up at 6 and this was my boys still snoozing at 8.
 The next morning she took them to tennis lessons. Beckett was supposed to do the lesson with Ava, but he chose to sit and eat veggie straws instead.
 Silly kid!
 Beckett and his buddy Ava. So sweet!!
 Jackson had a playdate with his buddy Aidan and they got to play on a slip n slide!
 So fun!
 Beach trip to Panama City. Our great friends the Moffett's invited us to stay with them for the weekend. It was a rough start,though. The play was for me to drive the boys down on Thursday and Greg was flying in on Friday. Well, Wednesday at 7 am I got a phone call that my Uncle David was not doing well. He has been battling metastatic lung cancer for the last 2 months and they had decided to withdrawal care. I immediately got a flight that day for noon. Before I left, I quickly packed myself and the boys for the beach trip, so we could leave as soon as I got home. I landed in Chicago at 4:30 and my sister and I headed straight to the hospital. They discharged him to home hospice, so we then headed to Aunt Patty's.We stayed there until midnight. He was still aware when I was there and so happy to see me. I was able to hug him goodbye and tell him I loved him. He died the next day. I flew back home and was supposed to arrive at 3. Several delays later and a grounded plane due to a cargo water leak, I didn't get in until 5:30. I made it home at 6:30 and decided to go ahead and get in the car and go! We made to the beack around 12:30. Whew!!
 The beach was beautiful! White fluffy sands, great friends, and endless sunshine!
 We also had endless boogy boarding!
 Surf dude! I didn't get any pictures of this, but we rented Jet Skis for the first time. This one loved it! The faster the better! I was able to go upwards of 25 mph with this one. Jackson, was a little more fearful. We kept it a cool 10 mph max.
 Catching some waves!
 It's a little sad that he doesn't need our help anymore...
 Beach selfie!
 I tried so sneak one with him, but he was not having it!
 Friday night we went out to dinner and then headed to the airport to pick up Greg. Waiting on daddy!
 Greg's flight was delayed. All the kids were so tired from the long day at the beach and fell asleep.We were supposed to meet the Morgan's for a drink, but when I looked down and saw Jackson sleeping on the floor, I knew that was not happening!
 Another beautiful day!
 Catching a good one!
This one was much less fearful this year, but still loved sitting on the sand playing with his toys.
 The dudes!
 I tried to get a pic of the kids, but Beckett was not having it!
 Every time I tried to take his pic, this is what he would do...
 Maggie and Jackson catching a wave!
 Waiting for a good one!
 Nice!
 We were driving home from the beach on Father's day, and because of my Uncles passing, I didn't get to do much for Greg. I could not have asked for a better father for our boys. They just idolize him! We are so blessed that he is ours and we hope he knows how much we love him!
 We kept seeing people do this while we were in Cancun, so we had to see what all the fuss was about! Next week we leave for Kiawah and we can't wait!!


No comments: