Saturday, April 2, 2016

Easter Cousin Fun!

 I can't believe it has been a month since I have posted! Yikes!! So much has happened, but his blog is going to be all about Easter. Easter starts with Palm Sunday. The boys got all dressed up to wave the palms at church. Aren't they cute!
 3 curly headed boys!
 This Palm Sunday will be remembered like no other! We were sitting in the balcony when a 92 year old man appeared ill. He ended up going into cardiac arrest and Greg and I performed CPR. He made it! When he woke up he looked at me and said, "I thought I was in heavan when I saw your beautiful face. I thought you were an angel." I immediately informed the congregation that his eyesight was good! I then asked him about his medical history and whether he was a diabetic. He said, "No, but I am 92 so I should probably be dead!" My chest compressions must have been adequate because his brain seemed well perfused! I actually received a thank you phone call from him yesterday and he is home from the hospital and doing well. :)
 On another note, so proud of my little music star! We had Jackson's spring concert, which I will post later. He did great and everyone could hear his enthusiastic singing!!
 Both boys had their well visits and Jackson turned out to not be so well, so we stayed home from school. He had a really bad cough but felt fine. Since they started him on antibiotics, I thought he should sit out for a day. We decided to head to Andretti for some fun! Here are the boys during the 4D ride experience. So fun!
My little man getting ready for his Easter egg hunt at school! On another note, we just received Beckett's acceptance letter to Walker next year today. Way to go buddy!
 This Easter was particularly special because we were able to spend it with Aunt Sarah and Coraline. They flew in on Thursday and my boys had good Friday off, so we headed to the movies to watch zootopia. We then came home for some Easter egg dying fun!
 I just can't get enough of that sweet face!!
 It's yellow! Not orange! Orange is Beckett's favorite color and the tab looked orange but ended up being yellow. :)
 Carefully removing the egg...
 They then decorated some of them with silly face stickers!
 Silly face!
 So cute!!!
 That night we had Aidan's birthday party at Bounce U. The kids had a blast!
 He loved going down the big slide!
 When they came in for pizza and cake, they had highlights of the kids on the tv. They loved watching themselves on the screen!
 Cousin love!
 I am in charge of social events for our church, so I was in charge of the hunt this year. Saturday morning started off so busy! Jackson had to be at his baseball game at 8:00 and I had to be at the church to set up at 9. Luckily Sarah was there to watch Beckett! Jackson had a great game with hitting a triple and running to make a catch, diving, and catching it! I was sad to miss it! They then all got dressed and headed to the church for the hunt at 11. I quickly tried to snap some pics while also making sure everything went smoothly. May handsome boy!
 Hunting form some eggs! This one quickly found out the eggs were empty. You trade them in at the end for a prize. This  ensures we get all the eggs back each year. :)
 Look mom!
 We stagger the times so that parents with multiple aged children can see all their kids hunt. Jackson's group was the middle group. Here they are waiting patiently!
 He's off!
 We also had a hot dog lunch, face painters, balloon animals, and a bunny, chick, and duck petting zoo. I think it was a huge success!
 Crazy kids! They must have each got 4 balloon items.
 No hunt would be complete without a visit from the Easter bunny!
 That night we made Peep smore's. I think it was a hit...












Jackson was really sweet and wanted to leave a treat for the Easter bunny, and the Easter bunny wrote him a thank you note!
 Coraline's basket was hidden under the pool table.

 Jackson's goodies!
  Beckett's goodies!


 Easter morning we headed to the 8 am service. We try to go to the early service and then the kids get to the egg hunt and find their baskets after church. After all, Easter is really about Jesus!! My handsome boys walking into service.
 I just love getting our annual cross picture.
 Family pic!
 My handsome silly boy.
 So handsome!








We go home and they were ready to get their hunt on!
 Found an egg!
 There were 2 Golden eggs. Jackson found one with 3 dollars in it! We told the kids that there were 36 eggs hidden. Jackson was very sweet and stopped once he found 12.
 Sweet Coraline!
 Beckett found the other Golden Egg with 5 dollars in it!
 Coraline found her basket!
 Jackson found his in the wine cellar.
 And Beckett's was on the toilet..
 After the hunt we headed to the club for Easter brunch and look who was there!
 Also my favorite photo opportunity....love the spring tulips!
 Sweet cousins...
We of course had to have a silly face pic. Easter dinner we headed to the Longacre's house for a delicious meal. The adults relaxed while the kids had another easter egg hunt!! It was such a wonderful weekend! We had one more day with Aunt Sarah and Coraline and then they headed home. I miss them so much already! They will be back in July and we just can't wait!! We leave this week for spring break in sunny San Diego! So excited!!!

No comments: