Sunday, February 23, 2014

Jackson's Preschool Art Show

Jackson had been telling us for weeks that soon we would be able to come to his school and see all of his artwork. He was so excited! Lucky for us, the show was at 7:30 am, so we had Paola come eary to watch Beckett, and Greg and I headed to the show. I really didn't know what to expect, becasue Jackson is not one to sit down and color or draw, but I was thorougly impressed! Walker never ceases to amaze me in what they are teaching these preschoolers. They have been studying French Impressionists, so that was the theme of the show. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by Jackson wearing a beret saying "Bonjour" :) We were then given an ipad and headed to the first display. At each display, there was a barcode that you scanned with the ipad and video was uploaded. The video showed you what they learned about the artist and some clips of them making the art. It was very impressive and super cute!

The first portrait was "Mother and Child". Earlier in the year, I had to send in a picture of me holding Jackson as a baby. He then recreated that scene.

They then asked him what he loved about his mom and this is what he said. Melts my heart!!!!

And his rendition :)

The next project was "Cassatt's Blue Armchair" Each child was first given this picture to look at...

And then recreated it. Pretty good!!

The next project was using porcelain and they sculped tea cups. So proud!!

This was Jackson's interpretation of the "Fountains of Paris"

This was his rendetion of the "Figure Scene" I couldn't believe my little boy painted that! It's amazing to see how much his art skills have progressed!

They then used sponge paint to make a tree. Jackson was so proud of the fact that he cut out that big tree all by himself!

Next was Monet's Water Lilies made out of tissue paper.

The next project was using paper mache and they made and painted a hot air balloon

And finally, an opera mask. I am so proud of all Jackson has been learning this year and I am certain he is ready to tackle Kindergarten next year!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love every picture in here. I can't believe how grown up he is getting. I don't think I could paint or draw that well!!!