Friday, February 15, 2013

Celebrating Love!

 Happy Valentine's Day! What a wonderful holiday all about celebrating love!! We are so blessed to have so many people in our lives that we love and love us as well. I probably should have made this post 2 posts, but since I am not doing that great at weekly posts, I am squeezing it all into one! It was a rough week in our house last week. We got the dreaded GI noravirus. It started with Beckett and quickly made its way to Jackson. Our washing machine was on sanitize overload! Beckett definately got the worst of it but was his happy little self in between vomits. This is a picture in the bath for probably the 5th time that morning! Jackson definately seemed sicker but after a long 24 hours, bounced back like a champ!! By some miracle, mommy and daddy stayed well!!

 Jackson is so funny with his sleeping! He always goes down for "rest time" around 2:00 pm. He doesn't always end up sleeping but will play quietly in his room. Sometimes, the exhaustion must take over right in the middle of playing, because we will find him sleeping in all sorts of strange places! Once Beckett gets up from his nap, we go to wake Jackson up so he doesn't snooze the entire afternoon away and not go to sleep at night. Here is Beckett waking Jackson up from his napping spot in the closet!



So proud of my little boy! Jackson is not one to sit down and color for a very long time, so we have been working on trying to get him to sit down and write his name. He is getting so much better! He still ends up writing too big and the N typically ends up underneath the rest of the letters, but it is legible!
 Valentine cookie decorating party! After we recovered from all the vomiting, we had some friends over to decorate cookies!
 Angie helping them get started! Unfortunately, I didn't realize that with this virus, you are typically contagious for at least 3 days after the symptoms resolve! 24 hours after leaving our house, the Konops were all vomiting as well! I felt terrible!!!!
So fun!
 Beckett may not be able to decorate a cookie, but he could join in on eating one!
 My silly little boy! Beckett has definately moved away from a baby to a toddler who likes to get into everything! He definately keeps me on my toes! His favorite game right now is using his chair to climb on the coffee table. He has fallen off a couple of times but it doesn't seem to phase him! He gets right back up to do it again!

 Mr. Independent!
 Beckett is really starting to try to "use" things. He puts the phone to his ear and jabbers. He uses the brush to brush his hair and he is trying to use utensils!
 Beckett loves to eat with a fork! He is definately more interested in using utensils than my 4 year old!
 Got it!
 Sweet brothers!
 I was in charge of Jackson's preschool Valentine's party, so we decided to make cupcakes and heart shaped, chocolate dipped, rice krispie lollipops! Jackson loved helping me put the sprinkles on! I do quite a lot of baking/cooking and Jackson is always my little helper!!
 All packaged and ready for the party!
 While we were decorating the lollipops, I looked down and guess who got the jar of icing out of the garbage can! He was in sugar heavan!
 Making sure he got every last drop!
 Of course Jackson wanted some. Every time Jackson would try to get some, Beckett would stare at him and then scream until he gave it back. It was hilarious!
 Best Valentine buddies!
 Valentine surprises! When I got home from work, the boys got their Valentine surprises! Nothing says Valentine's like a star wars M&M dispenser!
 New Superhero pajamas! He was so excited!
 Finished it off with some superman bubblegum and a superhero mask! After Jackson finished opening all his gifts he said "Thank you mommy. I love all my Valentine's gifts so much!" I asked him if he knew why we got him those gifts and he said "Why?" I said, "Because mommy and daddy love you so much." He then said, "That makes me very happy!" It was so sweet! Love that boy to pieces!!
We can't forget our other little Valentine Beckett! He definately mostly enjoyed the singing card!

No comments: