Thursday, October 25, 2012

Parties, Parades, and Pumpkins!

 What a busy 2 weeks we have had! It has been filled with birthday parties, parades, and a trip to the pumpkin patch! The first birthday party was a cowboy/cowgirl themed party. It was such a cute theme! The kids put on fake glasses and mustaches, face painted, and were even able to ride a horse. It was a perfect day and Jackson had the best time! Here is my silly boy with his heart shaped glasses!
They really got a kick out of putting on their "disguises"
My 2 cowboys :)
He sure does make a cute cowboy!
Meeting the horse that he was going to ride. The only horse Jackson has ever ridden in the past was a little miniature pony, so I wasn't sure if he was going to be brave enough to get on a full grown horse.
Getting on the horse! I had to walk around with him, but he rode it all by himself!
 We of course had football on Sunday and Jackson is really enjoying it. Here he is on his touchdown run. I love the intensity on his face!
 Who loves spaghetti....this guy!
 Beckett is growing up way to fast! He is crawling all over the place and trying to pull himself up on everything! We have had a few tumbles but nothing major so far!
 Look who wants to feed himself!
 On the move!
 We also went to the Marietta City School's parade. Jackson and his best buddy Aidan were so excited. They got a fooball, and of course, lots of candy!
 Beckett and Angie watching the festivities!
 This year we decided to drive a little further to Dawsonville, Ga to visit Burt's pumpkin patch.  It was well worth the hour drive and will definately be an annual event! They had the biggest pumpkins I have ever seen and the best hayride! My little pumpkin in a sea of pumpkins :)
2 Pumpkins! I could never get a picture of Beckett looking up!
We met our friends the Konop's and Harvey's and made a day of it! The kids had so much fun!!







I am so blessed to be the mommy of these incredible boys!! 
Hayride! This was the best hayride! It was about 20 minutes and was filled with pumpkins, sunflower fields, a covered bridge, and talking pumpkins!
Here are the kids listening to the pumpkins welcoming them Burt's pumpkin patch.
 Enjoying the beautiful scenery!
My handsome boy!
 Looking at all the ghosts in the covered bridge!
My second handsome boy!
Good practice for daddy! We had quite a load of pumpkins to get into our car!
Climbing on the pumpkins.
Beckett with 3 out of the 4 pumpkins we purchased....
 After the pumpkin patch, we decided to head down the road and climb Amicalola Falls, which is the largest waterfall in Georgia. It was beautiful!
 There were plenty of large rocks along the way for the kids to climb.
If you look to the left of the photo, you can see us posing in front of the falls.
175 steps later, I made it!

And this is what happens when you let a 3 year old pick out his pumpkin! I don't think we could have gotten a bigger one if we wanted to! Wish me luck on carving that thing!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I was thinking...I wonder if Jackson got his mother's competitiveness? Whoa!